Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Keynote Speaker- Common


This is the first of many post where I highlight a verse from an artist that stood out to me. Giving props to those who take time writing the words the that affect millions.

(No Shawty Lo verses here hahaha)


Common-The 6th Sense (2nd Verse)

"In front of two-inch glass and Arabs I order fries
Inspiration when I write, I see my daughters eyes
I'm the truth across the table from corporate lies
Immortalized by the realness I bring to it
If revolution had a movie, I'd be theme music
My music, you either fight, fuck, or dream to it
My life is one big rhyme, I try to scheme through it
Through my shell, never know what the divine would bring to it
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want millions
More than money saved, I want to save children
Dealing with alcoholism and afro-centricity
A complex man drawn off of simplicity 
Reality is frisking me
This industry will make you lose intensity 
The Common Sense in me remembers the basement
I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit"




Sobechi Ibekwe for Iron Lungs

No comments:

Iron Lungs Search Engine

Custom Search