Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rick Ross Admits To Being A Correctional Officer

Rick Ross has opened up to the public about being a correctional officer before becoming a rapper. In the newest issue of Don Diva Magazine he admits he was a Florida Correctional officer for 18 months. He also had this to say:


"Yes, it's me," Ross tells Don Diva"I never tried to hide my past. I put my name inside my CDs. My company has my [Social Security number]. I could've put a company name...I done been up and I done been down and that's what makes me what I am. I never ratted on a nigga. I never prosecuted a nigga. I never locked up a nigga, that's first and foremost. I always felt that me being the nigga that I am, I never owed a nigga an explanation. When I'm making my music and I'm talking about blow, it's because I did it. When I say that I'm rich off cocaine, it's because I did it. Those are the street principals that apply."

Personally I dont really care if he was a correctional police officer cause that's neither here nor there. If he did do everything he rapped about that's fine, if not that's fine too. I dont buy his albums or post his freestyles based on the fact he used to sell drugs. I support because I feel like he is a talented artist. His past is his past, for whatever reason he didnt want to come out and admit it before, is his choice entirely. Hip-Hop has seen worse and let worse go [i.e Wayne Kissing Baby in the MOUTH] so this situation can not be that big. His success took a shot at him. Shouts out to Rick Ross, visit www.deeperthanrap.com,  I believe that is also the name of his upcoming album or maybe it is a mixtape....I am not sure, I will get back to you on that one lol. 

In the mean time, lets get back to the Music

No comments:

Iron Lungs Search Engine

Custom Search